I’m at home poorly today and it has given me a chance to catch my breath and think about the week that has just finished. It’s been a real whirlwind – huge amounts of ‘mummy time’ needed by tall blonde (makes a change!) and all the jellybeans and baby beans classes have been packed to the rafters.
Here are some of my most vivid memories of the week in jellybeans
- Making the most of being in a huge, empty hall and rolling hoops from one end to another while all I could hear was giggling, panting children (and their mums!)
- Bubbles. Flying everywhere, being blown, being eaten!
- Fantastic, and I mean, fantastic animal noises! Hard to say which group was the best but I have heard amazing pigs and sheep in particular
- Articulate, careful explanations by very small children why they all think Tilly is in the bag – and the squeals when they realised she was!
- Panda bears – need I say more?
Meanwhile in baby beans, do you remember or recognise?
- Flying babies everywhere
- Sleeping babies underneath the listening cloth
- Ribbons – blowing and swirling
- Real belly laughs
As a Mum
- I remember sitting in a school hall full of teenage girls and just one boy – my son
- Getting covered in icing sugar when small blonde and his friend iced cakes the most lurid blue ever – but they were so yummy to eat
- One day it didn’t rain at school pick up time
- Middle blonde ‘actually’ (his favourite word at the moment as in ‘actually Mummy’) picked his clothes up from the floor
I enjoyed my week (and not only the good bits). It was a hard slog at times – how I hate loading & unloading my car – but overall a fascinating mishmash, hopefully a life lived to the full.
ps love to know what you remember about your week